Window and door installers are responsible for removing old windows, doors and frames of homes and buildings and replace them with new ones. These individuals work on new buildings and fix issues from previous installations that were done incorrectly or are damaged.
As a window and door installer, you will be required to perform various duties like removing old windows, using power tools, taking accurate measurements, fixing units, sealing fittings, transporting supplies, and keeping the job site clean.
Installing doors and windows is a physically demanding job that might require heavy lifting and climbing. Therefore, an individual working in this capacity should have skills like dexterity, physical fitness, stamina along with attention to safety, the ability to work at heights, teamwork, customer-oriented, and deep knowledge of the tools and equipment used in this work, and ways to maintain them.
Typically, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is required to work in capacity of a window and door installer. However, some experience in this regard, or an apprenticeship role is a bonus and it will help you get the job.
Window and Door Installer Skills Sample
• Skilled in communicating with clients to determine their requirements regarding the installation.
• Highly experienced in inspecting the site and then planning the installation process accordingly.
• Demonstrated expertise in cutting doors to fit the doorways frames.
• Effectively able to take measurements of the area by using various measurement tools.
• Extensive knowledge of repair work needed to old installs.
• Adept at hanging new doors and windows even on areas with uneven spaces.
• Competent in installing associated hardware including locks, keys, and knobs.
• Qualified to winterizing windows installations to improve utility use efficiency.
• Competent in resolving all problems occurring in prior installations.
• Well-versed at preparing logs and reports of the installation and the repair work carried on the site.
• Exceptionally talented in applying diverse software engineering principles and best practices in areas of software installers.
• Unmatched ability to prepare the payroll time sheet for the company.
• Specialized skills in maintaining the supplies, and performing preventative maintenance on the frames.
• Capable of assisting customers in resolving any complaints.
• Specifically skilled in ensuring that all the installation work is carried by protecting the customer’s belonging at the job site.