Window and door installers are responsible for removing old windows, doors and frames of homes and buildings and replace them with new ones. These individuals work on new buildings and fix issues from previous installations that were done incorrectly or are damaged.
As a window and door installer, you will be required to perform various duties like removing old windows, using power tools, taking accurate measurements, fixing units, sealing fittings, transporting supplies, and keeping the job site clean.
Installing doors and windows is a physically demanding job that might require heavy lifting and climbing. Therefore, an individual working in this capacity should have skills like dexterity, physical fitness, stamina along with attention to safety, the ability to work at heights, teamwork, customer-oriented, and deep knowledge of the tools and equipment used in this work, and ways to maintain them.
Typically, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is required to work in capacity of a window and door installer. However, some experience in this regard, or an apprenticeship role is a bonus and it will help you get the job.
Window and Door Installer Objective Samples
• A seasoned window and door installer with excellent ability to install windows and doors in homes and buildings. Skilled at determining client requirements and following blueprints. Proven ability to take accurate measurements using levels rulers and other measurement tools.
• Highly skilled window and door installer with 6 years’ experience in the field. Proficient in correcting issues from prior bad installations done by others. A physically fit individual capable of heavy lifting and climbing.
• A hard-working individual interested in obtaining the position of window and door installer at ABC Company. Offering excellent expertise in measurement handling, trim installation, renovations, modifications, capping, and inventory management.
• A detail-oriented and result-driven individual with a strong background in the construction arena. Experienced in inspecting the site and then planning the installation process accordingly. Also skilled in ensuring that all the installation work is carried by protecting the customer’s belonging at the job site.
• Interested in obtaining a window and door installer position with ABC Company that encourages the use of excellent measurement abilities and extensive knowledge of repair work to benefit the organization as a whole.