Wellness coordinators are employed by various organizations where they are responsible for providing a wide range of health-related programs and services to their clients.
General duties of Wellness Coordinators include determining wellness needs, developing plans, suggesting wellness activities, scheduling activities, evaluating the success of wellness programs, identifying training needs, coordinating staff, recruiting new employees, and solving customer complaints.
If you are willing to peruse your career as a wellness coordinator, you must possess excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills, leadership and supervisory skills, and the ability to motivate others.
Wellness Coordinator Sample Job Description
• Provide a wide range of health-related programs and services.
• Offer individual support or counseling in overall wellness or nutrition.
• Coordinate and direct all fitness and wellness programs for the Children, Youth, and Families.
• Support clients and provide counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
• Record attendance and participation data related to wellness events.
• Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
• Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle.
• Conduct surveys to determine clients’ interest in wellness and fitness programs
• Collaborate with individuals, and families to implement and encourage participation in wellness programs.
• Plan and implement employee fitness programs, campaigns, and challenges.
• Organize and supervise health screenings for employees and participants.
• Ensure safe and clean facilities and equipment.