A welding assistant helps the welder in competing for complete complex tasks.. It’s a starting point for anyone thinking about pursuing a career as a welding assistant.
A resume for the position of a Welder Aide should be written in such a way that it convinces the reader that you possess the right skill set for the job. Don’t just write your job relevant skills but also justify them by mentioning your accomplishments because the employer is not interested in your skills rather he/she is interested to know what you have achieved by the dint of your skills and competencies.
Another thing that you need to do to land an interview successfully is to make your resume customized and employer-centered. Don’t waste the precious space of your resume in writing irrelevant information. Just include your position relevant skills and accomplishments in your resume.
Consider the following resume sample for welding aide position before writing your own:
Welding Apprentice Resume Sample
486 Even Street| Dover, Delaware 68954 | (834) 830-9461 | Tim@email.com
Hardworking, dependable and reliable welder capable of working in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with welding techniques, material characteristics, and structural fundamentals along with knowledge of materials and welding objects. Ability to read blueprints, operating machinery, disassembling defective products, and preparing raw materials for processing.
● Metal Parts Dressing ● Thermal Cutting ● Gap Allowance Inspection
● Tank Lining ● Blazing ● Torch Ignition
● Hydrostatic Testing ● Arc Cutting ● Metallurgy
● Valve Installment ● Tolerance Assessment ● Instruments Operation
● TIG/MIG ● Stick Welding ● Flux Core
• Enhanced welding quality by 50% through proactive implementation of precision measurement techniques and tools.
• Implemented general welding safety regulations at the workplace and promoted a culture of workplace safety by practicing all state-issued welding safety guidelines to book.
• Received 5 percent pay raise based on rate of production
TESORO Mandan Refinery | Dover, Delaware | 2015 – Present
• Layout, fabricate and install piping for steam heating, hot water heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems.
• Examine workpieces to determine defects and perform welding duties to straighten them
• Prepare and set up necessary tools and equipment for welding such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc, and other welding equipment.
• Take appropriate measurements, observe hydrostatic and x-ray tests on welded surfaces while maintaining a neat, clean and safe work area.
• Weld metal in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead.
Tradesmen International | Dover, Delaware | 2013 – 2015
• Assist welders in cleaning up work sites and setting up welding equipment.
• Provide assistance in operating metal shaping machines such as shears and brakes.
• Lifted, moved, and held or clamped workpieces to table or into position as needed by welder.
• Assisted in melting bars and scrap in order to convert them into a reusable form.
Associate of Science in Welding Technology
ABC College, Dover, Delaware