Working independently in a manufacturing environment, warehouse workers manage incoming and outgoing shipments by processing and loading orders. They pull merchandise from the storage areas in agreement with the orders given to them and are also in-charge of processing supply orders. Warehouse workers are generally required to have no more than a high school diploma to qualify for this position but they do need to be physically dexterous as there is a lot of lifting and manual handling involved in this work.
Warehouse Worker Job Description
As an important part of a distribution facility, warehouse workers load and unload goods from delivery trucks and are also involved in some quality control activities. The position of warehouse workers is significant to the facility as they make sure that all items reach their destinations in a time-efficient manner.
In order to understand the duties of warehouse workers in detail, consider the list of duties given below. Use these statements to compose a successful resume.
Sample Duties for Warehouse Worker Resume
• Load and unload products on trucks.
• Manage incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Check in goods and match purchase orders with delivery.
• Distribute orders to sales associates in order to help with the processing procedure.
• Look over client’s’ orders and requests and figure out which products need to be moved to designated areas.
• Guarantee the movement of goods to proper designated storage places and categorize and place them on racks and shelves.
• File orders and guarantee proper sticking of items such as warehouse tools and equipment.
• Guarantee the security of the warehouse for both clients and sales associates.
• Ensure that all outgoing shipments are labeled in an appropriate manner.
• Properly record products that are shipped out and shipped in.
• Help in managing inventory and weigh and count items to make sure quality and quantity control.
• Keep the facility neat and tidy..
• Create shipment reports and paperwork and make sure that all information is updated properly.
• Perform general maintenance of the delivery vehicle.
• Operate forklift to handle product movement activities.
• Handle and operate box cutters and tape dispensers.
• Prepare mailing lists and complete order forms.
• Make sure that the entire warehouse staff abides by safety rules and practices.
• Make sure that received items correspond to the information on the work orders.