Wait staff workers working establishments where food and drinks are served such as a restaurant, bar or a hotel. These professionals are required to carry out duties including preparing tables, replenishing stocks, greeting customers, taking orders and serving them accordingly. Customers are a key asset to any organization and as wait staff of a restaurant has to deal with customers on daily basis, therefore, it is important to hire the right first-contact people to serve them.
When writing a resume for the position of a waiter, make sure that your resume objectives are strong enough to convince the hiring manager to read your resume till the end. Reading hundreds of resumes in a day can be very tiring and one can often loss his patience which is why it is important to put some extra effort in composing your resume to make it stand out. Keep in mind that the duties of a waiter do not include serving the customers only but providing them with a service that they can never forget in the best way. If you are able to successfully demonstrate your skills and abilities in your resume, then you will surely land an interview call.
Below is a sample resume for the position of waiter that will assist you in writing your own:
Sample Objective for Wait Staff Resume
- Keen to work with ABC Hotel as a waiter utilizing skills like customer focus, dexterity along with stamina and good communication skills.
- Looking for the position of waiter at AAA Restaurant where ability to greeting customers and making them feel comfortable along with excellent leadership and team management skill can be utilized effectively.
- An experience waiter eager to work in the similar capacity with a renowned establishment such as KUKU’s KITCHEN. Offering excellent time management and customer service skills along with the ability to perform general calculations for generating bills and receiving cash in exchange of the service provided.
- To acquire the position of waiter at XYZ Club utilizing excellent customer service skills, ability to multitask and knowledge of food and beverage to provide the customers with an unforgettable experience (in the best way).
- To secure the position of waiter/waitress at the most reputed hotel where my knowledge of cooking, ability to memorize menus and ability to work in a standing position can be fully utilized.
- Seeking a position of waiter at AAA DINNER. Offering great attention to detail, ability to get along with people, ability to work in a team, time management and leadership skills.