Veterinary technicians work in various animal healthcare facilities where they are responsible for assisting veterinarians in the care and treatment of animals.
General duties of these professionals include checking vital signs, collecting test samples, preparing animals for surgery, and administering treatments.
An ideal candidate for this position should possess exceptional knowledge of animal behavior along with excellent clinical skills, technical understanding, and familiarity with medical terminologies.
An Associate’s Degree in veterinary technology is required for this position.
Registered Veterinary Technician Sample Resume
782 Sample Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32305
REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
A competent and compassionate Registered Veterinary Technician with 8 years’ relevant experience. Skilled in examining animals, taking vital signs, and administering first-aide, medication, and treatments. Capable of conducting X-rays and ultrasounds of animals. Demonstrated expertise in preparing animals for surgery and assisting during operations by preparing surgery table instruments, administering anesthesia and oxygen, stitching wounds, and applying dressings. Competent at informing owners about the status of their animal and responding to their medical questions with confidence.
|• Pet Examination||• Pet Medication||• History Recording|
|• Procedural Assistance||• Pain Control||• Condition Monitoring|
|• Documentation||• Disease Control||• Premises Sanitation|
Registered Veterinary Technician | August 2014 – Present
Love and Pets, Tallahassee, Florida
• Greet pet owners and their pets and inform them about the services and facilities available.
• Register the patient by taking their information such as name, age, gender, and medical history.
• Ask about the status of vaccinations and prepare patient charts.
• Assist in pet examination and conduct x-rays and ultrasounds if needed.
• Prepare animals for surgery and assist during operations.
• Administer medication and treatment, and clean and bandage wounds of injured animals.
• Maintain medical records, supplies, and surgical equipment.
Veterinary Assistant| December 2012 – July 2014
ABC Facility, Tallahassee, Florida
• Welcomed patients as they enter the facility and assisted them in filling admission forms.
• Responded to client queries and medical questions with confidence.
• Prepared surgery table instruments and maintained sterile conditions.
• Collected blood and urine samples for laboratory testing.
• Labeled test samples to ensure correct identification.
• Performed routine diagnostic tests as required such as parasitology, and serology.
• Maintained patient records in both paper and electronic form.
Animal Sciences Board of State, Tallahassee, Florida – 2012
Registered Veterinary Technician
City High School, Tallahassee, Florida – 2011
High School Diploma