Vans can be used for numerous purposes such as transporting people or delivering items. Depending their certain job description, van drivers drive vans to guarantee transportation of people or goods from one place to another.
Delivery van drivers are employed to manage different tasks that are associated with delivering things to their destinations. They help in loading vans, charting out routes and delivering items to the required destinations. As far as passenger vans are concerned, van drivers pick up passengers from one place and make sure that they are transported to their destinations in a safely.
Not matter what the van is carrying; if you are a van driver, you should be attentive and have a acute sense of direction. The roads are getting busier as the years pass and the time that it once took to reach a certain place has been doubled. This is the main reason for recruiters desiring to employ van drivers who know how to manipulate their vehicles during rush hours by using the best possible routes.
Since we are talking about two different types of van drivers here, let us see what their individual job duties may be in each role.
Delivery Van Driver Job Duties
• Take goods from warehouses or retail outlets.
• Help loaders in loading products onto the van and making sure that they are stacked in an appropriate manner.
• Make sure that the van doors are properly locked after loading.
• Chart out suitable route using maps or GPS.
• Drive the van to the destination safely and by following all traffic rules.
• Make several stops to retail outlets to deliver items.
• Help with the unloading of goods.
• Count the items correctly.
• Take signatures on order delivery forms and inform manager of successful delivery.
• Carry out general and preventative maintenance on the vehicle.
Passenger Van Driver Job Duties
• Take orders from organization related to picking up passengers.
• Guarantee the presence of van at the place of pickup on time.
• Help passengers in embarking on the van – assist aged passengers by providing physical support.
• Help in loading luggage onto the van and make sure that it is placed properly.
• Chart out route with the least amount of traffic and mileage.
• Drive van to the destination by adhering to the traffic rules and regulations.
• Aid passengers in disembarking from the van.
• Assist in unloading luggage.
• Check the van regularly to ensure that everything is in good working order.
• Perform general checks and scheduled maintenance on the van.