Bakery Cashiers work in establishments selling pastries and are responsible for greeting customers, making sure their needs are met, handling all customer payment and credit transactions, answering customer queries, serving them quickly and efficiently, ordering supplies, and removing outdated food.
While writing a resume for the position of a bakery cashier, include your duties and highlight your skills in such a way that convinces the reader that you are the right person for the job.
The skills that you can add in your bakery cashier resume are communication skills, customer service skills, numeracy skills, problem-solving ability, teamwork, multitasking, and ability to follow direction.
Education requirements for this job include a high school or general education diploma.
Given below is a sample resume for a bakery cashier position that will help you understand how to write a resume for the said position:
Resume Sample for Bakery Cashier
671 Case Street
Austin, Texas 73344
A hard-working and skilled Bakery Cashier experienced at balancing cash accounts and handling daily bank deposits. Possess the knowledge of how to handle cash drawers, ensuring that no discrepancies are evident. Capable of dealing with customer and adept at assisting customers in making a selection according to their choice.
|· Cash Drawer Balancing
· Bank Liaison
· Stock Rotation
|· Payment Processing
· Sales Maximization
· Customer Services
· Accurate Accounting
|· Discrepancy Handling
· Pricing Integrity
· Food Safety
• Implemented a unique drawer balancing system, which reduced discrepancies by 60%.
• Introduced the idea of stock rotation, which resulted in decreased food spoilage.
• Devised an upselling method, thereby, increased sales of cupcakes by 55%.
AAA Bakery, Austin, Texas | 2016-present
• Welcome customers and visitors to the bakery in a pleasing manner.
• Help customers in choosing bakery products of their choice.
• Make sure that customers’ needs and requirements are met.
• Provide customers with price information.
• Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures.
• Ensure that fresh stocks of bakery products are displayed always.
Baker’s Bakery, Austin, Texas | 2013-2016
• Operated the cash register and provided receipts and change to customers
• Processed credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
• Maintained and balanced a cash drawer daily.
• Handled daily bank deposits.
• Assisted customers and answer questions in a friendly manner
• Cleaned and maintained bakery areas such as displays and cash counters.
ABC Bakery, Austin, Texas | 2012-2013
• Displayed cakes, pastries, bread, donuts, and other bakery products on the shelves, counters, and bins.
• Checked and inspected and removed outdated and stale products from off the shelves and counters.
• Cleaned and maintained bakery work space and freezer equipment
• Packed purchases items according to provided instructions.
City High School, Austin, Texas – 2012
High School Diploma