A lead cashier is responsible for supervising the cashier staff and the general functions of a retail environment.
General duties of lead cashier include hiring, training, and supervising staff, scheduling shifts, cash handling, operating registers, and generating reports.
An ideal resume for head cashier should exhibit exceptional supervising and organization skills along with excellent store management, customer service, communication, and numeracy skills.
No formal education is required for the position of head cashier however having a high school diploma can be a plus point.
Lead Cashier Sample Skills
• Competent in welcoming customers and assisting them in locating required items.
• Skilled in responding to customers’ queries and addressing their issues and complaint.
• Competent in processing register transactions, and dealing with refunds, exchanges, and returns.
• Well-versed at balancing cash registers and performing cash reconciliations at the end of each shift.
• Exceptionally talented in hiring, mentoring, and supervising store staff.
• Unmatched ability to monitor the overall functions of a retail establishment.
• Specialized skills in supervising account payments, and account receivables.
• Particularly effective in maintaining inventory, restocking, replacing, and organizing items on the shelves.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
• Outstanding numeracy skills, organization, and supervisory skills.