A lead cashier is responsible for supervising the cashier staff and the general functions of a retail environment.
General duties of lead cashier include hiring, training, and supervising staff, scheduling shifts, cash handling, operating registers, and generating reports.
An ideal resume for head cashier should exhibit exceptional supervising and organization skills along with excellent store management, customer service, communication, and numeracy skills.
No formal education is required for the position of head cashier however having a high school diploma can be a plus point.
Lead Cashier Sample Job Description
• Greet customers when they enter the establishment and assist them in locating required items.
• Answer customer queries and address any issues and complaints they may have.
• Monitor sales activities and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Process register transections, refunds, exchanges, and returns.
• Resolve cash tills at the end of each shift and perform cash reconciliations.
• Oversee account payments, account receivables, and other accounting duties
• Hire, train, and supervise cashier staff.
• Assign tasks, schedule shifts, and maintain cash register.
• Operate cash registers and generate cash-related documents and account reports.
• Maintain inventory, restock, replace, and organize items on the shelves.
• Solve disputes in a calm and professional manner.
• Maintain a safe and positive work environment.