A lead cashier is responsible for supervising the cashier staff and the general functions of a retail environment.
General duties of lead cashier include hiring, training, and supervising staff, scheduling shifts, cash handling, operating registers, and generating reports.
An ideal resume for head cashier should exhibit exceptional supervising and organization skills along with excellent store management, customer service, communication, and numeracy skills.
No formal education is required for the position of head cashier however having a high school diploma can be a plus point.
Lead Cashier Resume Sample
859 Noon Avenue, Olympia, Washington 98599
Exceptionally talented and hardworking lead cashier with 5 years of relevant experience. Proficient in welcoming customers, responding to their queries, and helping them in locating required items. Demonstrated expertise in balancing cash registers, and performing cash reconciliations at shift ends, and supervising account payments, and account receivables.
|• Cash Balancing||• Cashier Mentorship|
|• Complaint Handling||• POS Control|
|• Operations Management||• Checkout Supervision|
Mention your accomplishments here.
ABC Store, Olympia, Washington | February /2018 – Present
• Welcome customers as they enter the establishment and assist them in locating required items.
• Respond to customer queries and address their issues and complaints.
• Supervise overall functions of the establishment, balance cash registers, and perform cash reconciliations.
• Monitor sales activities, organize items on shelves and maintain inventory.
• Solve disputes and maintain a safe and positive work environment.
ABC Company, Olympia, Washington | 2015 – January 2018
• Scheduled shifts, assigned tasks, and supervised cashier staff.
• Hired, trained, and supervised store staff.
• Addressed customer complaints and handled exchanges or returns according to company policies.
• Processed transactions, balanced cash registers, and performed cash reconciliations.
• Generated cash-related documents and account reports.
• Maintained inventory, restocked, replaced, and organized items on the shelves.
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
The City University, Olympia, Washington– 2015