Transportation managers work in different industries such as logistics, shipping, retail, food service etc. where they are required to handle their shipments. Their basic responsibilities are scheduling packages for delivery, organizing the shipment of items, implementing safety regulations, assigning tasks to drivers and directing vehicle maintenance and repairs.
To secure the position of a transportation manager, one must possess an effective and successful resume that tells the employer how your skills and abilities make you a perfect fit for the job. Given below are two basic rules for writing a compelling resume:
• Read the issued job description carefully in order to understand what the prospective employer is looking for, and then include the most relevant skills in your resume and relate them to the employers’ demands.
• Don’t fill your resume with irrelevant information. Keep your resume clear, concise and to-the-point. Choose a format that best highlights your skills.
Here is a good resume sample for the position of a transportation manager. Take a look!
Resume Template for Transportation Manager
623 Case Street
Tallahassee, Florida 62732
(009) 222-6666 •email@example.com
A self-motivated and result-oriented individual with 6 years’ extensive experience working as a transportation manager. Capable of handling logistics to ensure timely delivery. Expert in planning, cost reduction, budget control, and performance maximization. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and distribute operations to provide maximum output with efficiency.
▬ Operational Management ▬ Shipment Scheduling ▬ Transportation Logistics
▬ Carrier Partnerships ▬ Service Delivery ▬ Supply Chain Solutions
▬ Delivery Routing ▬ DOT Regulations ▬ OH&S Adherence
▬ Complaint Processing ▬ Driver Facilitation ▬ Record Keeping
• Decreased fleet size, reduced cost and increased the visibility of drivers by implementing new routing software and onboard computers for the fleet.
• Improved the rate of customer satisfaction by 50% by improving the performance of employees and ensuring on-time delivery of goods.
ABC Company, Tallahassee, Florida
Transportation Manager, March 2014 to Present
• Use transportation management systems to communicate fright costs and delivery times with clients and suppliers.
• Make sure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
• Maintain process documentation and reports as well as safety records and client-specific reports and requirements.
XYZ Company, Tallahassee, Florida
Asst. Manager Transportation, January 2012 to February 2014
• Assisted in vehicle inspection and road tests.
• Handled scheduling and dispatching of the fleet.
• Coordinated deliveries and communicated with customers.
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, Tallahassee, 2012
• Fluent in English and Turkish
• Expert in GPS navigation and map reading