A school superintendent works as a chief executive officer for the district. They are responsible for managing the operations of the school in the school district. Their responsibilities include managing financial operations, student achievement evaluation, educational program review, staff hiring, and facility management. They develop and supervise all school programs within their districts and work to improve the educational standards.
Generally, to work as a school superintendent, you should have extensive experience as a classroom teacher coupled with a master’s degree in education, school administration, or a similar field. Furthermore, knowledge of how a school District functions and understanding of the roles of the Board, superintendent, and campus administration is also required working in this capacity. Other skills required to work as a school superintendent are exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, excellent networking skills, financial skills, leadership, analytical thinking, and teamwork.
School Superintendent Sample Resume
992 Canal Road, Atlanta, Georgia 12345
(012) 345 -6789
Highly skilled and motivated professional with 5+ years’ experience of working as a school superintendent. Expert in handling all aspects of educational planning and management. Proficient in budget management and source allocation. Excellent communication and leadership skills along with extensive knowledge of educational goals.
Team Development | Student Motivation
Source Allocation | Academic Evaluation
Quality Assurance | Personnel Management
Staff Hiring | Teacher’s Training
• Supervised and evaluated 49 certified and 25 non-certified staff members.
• Expertly managed equipment, fiscal, and human resources to ensure efficient organizational goal accomplishment.
Sample School District, Atlanta, Georgia |2017-present
• Oversee the daily activities of the school department.
• Develop and manage the school’s budget and make spending decisions.
• Review the school curriculum and make modifications if required.
• Handle complaints of teachers, parents, and students.
• Conduct student achievement evaluation regularly.
• Make sure that all schools are meeting goals established by the state and school board.
ABC SCHOOL DISTRICTS, Atlanta, Georgia |2015-2017
• Hired and fired school staff, which includes teachers and principals.
• Developed and managed budget.
• Made recommendations in revising policies, budget, and staff hiring procedures.
• Ensured the execution of all decisions of the school board.
M.S. Educational Management and Leadership
Sample University, Atlanta, Georgia – 2011