Sandwich artists work at subway restaurants where they are responsible for preparing and serving sandwiches and other food items.
General duties of subway sandwich artists include preparing and selling food items, ensuring food safety, collecting payments, maintaining stocks, and ensuring sanitation standards.
If you are willing to pursue your career as a subway sandwich artist, you need to possess excellent sandwiches and salad-making skills along with knowledge of various types of meats, cheeses, and vegetables that go into sandwiches. Professional appearance, excellent customer service skills, dexterity, food hygiene knowledge, ability to work in a team, and knowledge of Subway policies and rules are also very important.
Subway Sandwich Artist Skills Sample
• Skilled in welcoming customers as they enter the establishment.
• Proficient in explaining menu items to them.
• Expert at interacting with guests to determine their food requirements and specifications.
• Talented at preparing food according to customers’ ingredients’ specifications.
• Competent in keeping a record of daily sales and maintaining inventory.
• Capable of handling customer complaints, resolving issues, and answering queries.
• Ability to make basic mathematic calculations thus handle cash and credits.
• Ability to assemble sandwiches quickly and serving them while still hot.
• Excellent customer service skills, and good communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
• Well-versed at keeping the work area neat and tidy at all times.
• Knowledge of basics of food sanitation and hygiene.