Sandwich artists work at subway restaurants where they are responsible for preparing and serving sandwiches and other food items.
General duties of subway sandwich artists include preparing and selling food items, ensuring food safety, collecting payments, maintaining stocks, and ensuring sanitation standards.
If you are willing to pursue your career as a subway sandwich artist, you need to possess excellent sandwiches and salad-making skills, along with knowledge of various types of meats, cheeses, and vegetables that go into sandwiches. Professional appearance, excellent customer service skills, dexterity, food hygiene knowledge, ability to work in a team, and knowledge of Subway policies and rules are also very important.
Subway Sandwich Artist Job Description
• Greet customers entering the establishment and provide excellent customer service.
• Pleasantly interact with customers and explain menu items to them,
• Prepare food according to customers’ choice of ingredients.
• Prepare all orders in about a 2-3 minute time frame.
• Assemble food orders in the right portions and serve them while still hot.
• Maintain a record of daily sales and maintain inventory.
• Cut and prepare vegetables such as lettuce, onion, tomato, and peppers for placement on sandwiches
• Keep stock of topping and condiments to make sure that they are readily available when needed.
• Wrap sandwiches properly for dine-in and take-away.
• Handle cash, credit, and debit transactions.
• Keep the work area neat and clean at all times.
• Ensure the quality of end-products, in agreement with the company’s instructions.