A cover letter is a very important part of your job application set. Your resume must be accompanied by a well-written cover letter even if the employer have not demanded one. A well-written cover letter helps you create a positive first impression on the hiring manager. But, if your cover letter is poorly written, it can badly effect your candidacy. Therefore, make sure that you put enough time and effort in writing your cover letter.
Below are some tips for writing a successful cover letter:
1. Try to find out the name of the person who will be recieving your letter and adress him directly.
2. Start your letter with a powerful opening statement. This will help in grabbing the reader’s attention as soon as he starts reading your letter.
3. Find out as much as you can about the company, the hiring manager and their needs. Then, address the employer’s needs and convince them that you are the perfect choice for the job.
Given below is a cover letter sample for a Staff Accountant Resume. Take a look!
Cover Letter Sample Staff Accountant
October 16, 2017
Mr. Dave Johnson
782 Sample Road
Tallahassee, Florida 78372
Dear Mr. Johnson:
I am writing this letter in response of your recent advertisement for the position of a staff accountant. As an analytical and experienced accountant capable of performing comprehensive accounting responsibilities, I believe that I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
Following is a list of some of my skills and qualities that will help me excel in this role:
• Capable of maintaining high levels of accuracy with all company and client accounts.
• Skilled at handling office administrative activities related to correspondence and documentation.
• Capable of performing multiple tasks at the same time.
• Talented in managing credit liability with client agencies, processing accounts receivable adjustments and reconciling staff and customer accounts.
• Capable of work well independently or in a team.
My resume is attached for your perusal. With my experience in general accounting operations, coupled with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization. I will call your office after 6 days for follow-up and to see if it is possible to arrange a meeting at a time that best matches your schedule. In the meantime, if you need any further information regarding my profile, I can be reached at (483) 382-4822.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you.