Snow removal technicians operate and maintain equipment used to clear public roadways and areas after a snowfall.
In addition to removing snow, these professionals are also required to perform other duties such as mowing public lawns; repairing roads, gutters and shoulders; striping roadways; and cleaning up ditches and debris. They are also responsible for the safety and maintenance of their equipment.
An ideal candidate for snow removal technician position should demonstrate physical strength, stamina, having an eye for details, teamwork, and the ability to operate specific tools in safe conditions.
You will need a high school diploma or a GED equivalent to work in this capacity. Prior experience in this regard further increases you chances of landing an interview.
Here is are some skills for a snow removal technician resume:
Skills for Snow Removal Technician Resume
• Skilled in inspecting site to determine the tools and equipment requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to operate snowplows to remove snow from reads and sidewalks.
• Capable of performing deicing activities.
• Competent at spreading salt or thawing chemicals onto roadway from rear of moving truck.
• Well-versed at providing customers/residents with information on safe commuting on icy roads.
• Proficient at shovelling snow into the truck properly.
• Qualified to perform preventative and regular maintenance on snow removal equipment and tools.
• Expert at watching weather conditions on the assigned site.
• Skilled at performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Experienced in determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Proven expertise to perform snow removal-related grounds maintenance work.
• Effectively able to maintain inventory on the site.
• Physically able to shovel snow for several houses continuously, in possibly severe weather.
• Awareness of and ability to follow safety guidelines while shovelling snow.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanour.