Hospital Unit Secretaries make sure that the health care institution is running smoothly and focus on ensuring patient satisfaction. They are also required to carry out various clerical and administrative tasks. Duties of a Hospital Unit Secretary include answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars and performing patient admission duties.
In order to secure the position of a Hospital Unit Secretary, you need to possess a resume that is strong enough to land an interview. Your resume should sell your skills and convince the employer that you are a perfect candidate for the job. Choose a format that best highlights your skills and abilities. Include strong action words and keywords to make your resume more effective.
Here is a sample resume for the position of a Hospital Unit Secretary for your guidance:
Resume Sample for Hospital Unit Secretary
762 Sample Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
(000) 111-2222, Helena@email.com
HOSPITAL UNIT SECRETARY
A well-organized, diligent and service-oriented Unit Secretary with 5+ years hands-on experience in preparing and compiling patients’ records and assisting with patient registrations and discharge procedures. Expert in documenting patient care services accurately, and maintaining designated unit operations by following set guidelines and procedures. Exceptional communication skills, computer literacy, courtesy, and the ability to solve problems fast and efficiently.
● Patient Registration ● Files Management ● Call Monitoring
● Admission Processing ● Unit Supplies Management ● Reception Handling
● Discharge Coordination ● Medical Record Keeping ● Medical Terminology
● Patient Care Reporting ● HIPAA Regulations ● Record Confidentiality
• Suggested installation of intercoms in all sub-receptions, causing a 50% enhancement in communications
• Reduces supply requisition time by 70%, through the implementation of stock supply inventories at the unit
• Enhanced patient satisfaction by 30% (as per survey statistics), through active follow-up calls and productive interdepartmental communications
Hospital Unit Secretary
City Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia| 2015 – Present
• Greet patients and families as they arrive at the facility.
• Assist patients and families in filling out hospital forms and apply identification armbands on admitted patients.
• Schedule appointments and handle calendars for doctors and staff within the hospital unit.
• Schedule tests and procedures for patients and ensure that results are expedited especially for patients in need of prompt medical attention.
ABC Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia | 2012 – 2015
• Managed reception area and greeted patients and provided information regarding hospital services and procedures.
• Assisted patients by walking them through the registration process.
• Entered details of patients and treatment provided into the computer system.
• Received telephone calls and provided information, relayed messages and transferred calls.
• Ensured that the entryway and lobby is clean at all times
A.A., Customer Service
INSTITUTE OF LIBERAL ARTS, Atlanta, Georgia
CPR and BCLS
• MS Word and Excel
• Medi-tech Software