A custodian is responsible for the general maintenance of the work area, which includes vacuuming, cleaning bathroom and performing small repair works. If you are working as a custodian at a school, you may be required to ensure children’s safety.
If you are applying for the position of school custodian, you need to do a little extra effort in composing an excellent resume. A resume for the said position must demonstrate skills such as teamwork, cleaning expertise, accuracy and attention to detail, stamina and physical fitness.
A school custodian is generally responsible for ensuring a safe and clean environment for student and the teaching staff. A candidate applying for school custodian position must possess a high school diploma or an equivalent education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Given below are some other duties that a school custodian is required to perform:
Sample Job Description for School Custodian Resume
• Clean school hallways, corridors and classrooms by dusting, sweeping and mopping floors.
• Wash down bathrooms using a variety of cleaning liquids such as detergents and bleach.
• Mix cleaning materials by following safe practices and dispose of any unused mixture in a safe manner.
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets in school offices and reception areas.
• Dust and polish all furniture in classrooms, offices and waiting areas.
• Clean mirrors in bathrooms and ensure that floors and counters are disinfected properly.
• Check hand soap, paper towel, & tissue supplies.
• Empty and clean wastebaskets from classrooms, washrooms, waiting area.
• Wash and disinfect floor and sinks of cafeteria.
• Perform minor repair tasks such as replacing light bulbs and handle various maintenence activities such as cleaning floor, furniture, equipment etc.
• Trim the grass and keep grounds neat and clean at all times.
• Shovel and remove snow and ice from designated areas such as sidewalks, entryways, and roofs as required.
• Assist in room set-ups, moving and arranging furniture, setting-up and removing chairs, tables etc.
• Ensured all assigned areas were cleaned as specified by school guidelines
• Mixed cleaning chemicals safely.
• Spray insecticides and fumigants inside and around school buildings to prevent infestation.
• Re-stocked supplies and floor care chemicals.