While we all know that a resume is important to the job-search process, it is not the only important document you will need to secure an interview. A cover letter is just as important as a resume. A successful cover letter should highlight the key skills that set you apart from other applicants. It should tell the employer what it is about the job that is attractive to you and why you want to work for that employer.
Writing a cover letter that stands out and leads a lasting positive impression on the recruiter is not a simple task. For writing a compelling cover letter:
1. Do research on the employer and the job before writing the letter.
2. Choose a font that best highlights your skills and qualities.
3. Limit your cover letter to one page.
Given below is a sample cover letter for a sales coordinator resume.
Cover Letter Sample for Sales Coordinator Resume
782 Case Street | St. Paul, Minnesota 45223 | (545) 334-5343 | email@example.com
November 8, 2018
Ms. Elisa Smith
St. Paul, Minnesota 45223
Dear Ms. Smith:
I came across the advertisement for a Sales Coordinator position on your company’s website. After reading the job description, I was compelled to apply for this position because I believe that I possess the right skill-set to boost up your sales graph.
During my employment, I have learnt how to provide administrative support to enhance the duties of my immediate managers. I am capable of developing sales plans, maintaining sales files and creating sales reports using SAP and salesforce. Aside from my technical competencies, I am physically fit and have no trouble moving large, bulky or heavy merchandise.
Some selected accomplishments which will prove my success in sales profession include:
• Increased sales by $40,000 through aggressive selling techniques during slow summer months.
• Performed product performance assessments which provided the company with valuable feedback on the company’s product
• Trained 25 sales representatives in 1 year, to be deployed to the company’s off-state offices.
My resume is attached for your perusal. I would appreciate a chance to meet with you in person to discuss my qualifications with you further. I will call your office after 6 days to see if it is possible to arrange a meeting at the time of your convenience. In the meantime, I can be reached at (545) 334-5343 .
Thank you for your time and consideration.