Sales Associates work in a retail setting where they are required to carry out duties like greeting customers, operating cash registers, cross-selling products and directing customers to the requires item or aisle.
These professionals are considered to be the backbone of the company because they are the ones who deal with the customers and are responsible for increasing the store sales. Therefore, the employers are very particular in employing a sales associate for their firm.
In order to land an interview successfully for this position, you need to compose a resume that excellently demonstrate your job relevant skills that render you perfect for the position in consideration. An ideal resume for the position of sales associate should demonstrate skills like excellent communication and presentation skills, self-motivation, pro activity, teamwork, and results orientation.
Below are some sample skills that you can include in the skill section of your resume for sales associate.
Skills List for Sales Associate Resume
• Sound understanding of how a company or industry operates.
• Knowledge of products and services provided by the employing firm.
• Well-versed at communicating with the customers and tell them about the product feature in an attractive manner that results in the increase of store sales.
• Ability to keep the work area neat, clean and well organized.
• Capable of greeting customers in a polite and professional manner and communicate with them and direct them to the departments that met their needs.
• Ability to negotiate with the customers and convince them for extra purchases.
• Knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Well-versed in listening to the customer complaints and resolving them according to the company’s policies.
• Great accuracy and attention to detail.
• Sense of responsibility along with excellent team management and supervisory skills.
• Skilled in finalizing sales and handling money and credit card transactions.