Snow removal technicians operate and maintain equipment used to clear public roadways and areas after a snowfall.
In addition to removing snow, these professionals are also required to perform other duties such as mowing public lawns; repairing roads, gutters and shoulders; striping roadways; and cleaning up ditches and debris. They are also responsible for the safety and maintenance of their equipment.
An ideal candidate for snow removal technician position should demonstrate physical strength, stamina, having an eye for details, teamwork, and the ability to operate specific tools in safe conditions.
You will need a high school diploma or a GED equivalent to work in this capacity. Prior experience in this regard further increases you chances of landing an interview.
Here is a sample resume for a snow removal technician:
Sample Resume for Snow Removal
325 Case Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30301
SNOW REMOVAL TECHNICIAN
Physically strong and vigilant snow removal technician experienced in removing snow from different surfaces. Knowledgeable about different snow removal methods such as de-icing and sand-spreading. Efficient worker while following the rules and regulations. Well-versed for providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
|Site Inspection||Snow plow Operations||Ice Removal|
|Safety Precautions||Equipment Inspection||Preventative Maintenance|
|Erosion Prevention||Safety Education||Emergency Handling|
• Suggested implementation of a preventative maintenance program, as a result, fewer breakdown incidents transpired.
• Introduced a site inspection system which increased snow removal efficiency.
• Trained newly hired personnel and taught them about safety precautions, and snow removal techniques.
• Recognized by employers for going above and beyond the normal job functions.
Snow Removal Technician
ABC Services, Atlanta, Georgia 2016-present
• Check worksheets in order to determine snow removal activities.
• Inspect site on an on-going basis for damage or hazards.
• Decide which tools are required such as shovels and snowmobiles, and gathered those tools and equipment.
• Spread salt or thawing chemicals onto roadway from rear of moving truck, using shovel.
• Shovel snow into truck or open sewer from streets.
• Operate snow plow and salt truck to remove ice and snow from roads and assigned areas.
• Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring current landscape is not damaged during snow removal process.
• Maintain and care for snow removal tools and equipment.
• Follow all safety rules, policies, and regulations.
Snow Removal Worker
ABC Company, Atlanta, Georgia 2014-2016
• Plowed snow from roads, sidewalks, driveways and parking lots.
• Safely and properly spread sand or salt on affected areas.
• Operated snow plows to remove snow and ice from curbs, roads and porches.
• Ensured that removed snow is correctly stacked in corners, away from where it can come in the way.
• Performed routine equipment maintenance and repair tasks such as fuelling, greasing, painting, etc.
High School Diploma
City High School, Atlanta, Georgia – 2013