Garbage truck driving is an extremely demanding position and not everyone has the temperament for it. In addition to excellent driving abilities, the position also requires expertise in customer services. The job also involves public interaction on daily basis. Once you have decided to go for the job, you need to build a compelling resume.
In today’s challenging job market it is vital to compose an employer focused resume. An employer focused resume demonstrates only the job relevant capabilities that demanded by the prospective employer. Below is a garbage truck driver resume sample which will assist you write your own.
Example Resume for Garbage Truck Driver
654 South Street
Nashville, Tennessee 75461
(587) 078-4645, Jack@email.com
PROFILE : Active and vigilant garbage truck driver with hands-on experience in garbage collection, driving of garbage trucks and handling customer complaints about schedule and service quality problems.
• Efficient in operation of single axle garbage trucks.
• Comprehensive understanding of safe and hygienic disposal of collected garbage.
• Familiar with equipment cleaning procedures and standards.
• In possession of a B class CDL.
• Expert in driving and operating heavy garbage trucks through narrow streets and broad highways for garbage collection.
• Adept in disposing off the collected garbage in a proper manner.
• Capable of maintaining daily logs about services delivered.
• Proficient in communicating customer concerns to the municipal authority for further processing.
• Capable of effective public dealing on regular basis supported by customer care etiquette.
• Received the ‘Most punctual Driver Award’ by the company during the first year of work
• Trained five new drivers regarding handling of garbage cleaning devices.
Garbage Truck Driver | City Waste Connections, Nashville, Tennessee | August 2010 – Present
• Collect garbage from residential buildings, commercial areas and independent houses on regular basis.
• Dump the collected garbage in a safe and appropriate way.
• Make sure that the garbage collection equipment and dumpster are stored properly and in a hygienic manner.
• Fill in daily record books and logs regarding collection and disposal of collected garbage material.
• Register any customer complaints about service quality or timings of service and forward the same to administration for consideration.
• Report any malfunctions in the vehicle timely to the concerned vehicle maintenance department.
Volunteer Debris Collector | Helping Hands, Nashville, Tennessee | Spring 2009
Provided assistance in collecting and disposing waste after a major fire disaster in the industrial area at Nashville in 2012
GED | City College,Nashville, Tennessee | 2009