Residential Electricians are in charge of installing and repairing electrical wiring and appliances in private homes. There general duties involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
If you are willing to work as a residential electrician, you must possess sufficient electrical systems knowledge, attention to safety, customer service orientation, troubleshooting skills, and teamwork.
Residential electricians need a minimum of a tenth-grade education, and they must complete an electrician apprenticeship. The specific requirements for electrician certification and licensing vary from one province to the next.
Given below is a list of skills for the position of residential electrician:
Residential Electrician Skills for Resume
• Proven capability of installing, constructing and maintaining electrical systems within a residential setting.
• Capable of installing electrical equipment and related systems within a residential setting.
• Well-versed at reading and interpreting blueprints.
• Able to interpret plans, sketches and wiring diagrams and identify all electrical terms and symbols.
• Skilled at installing and maintaining wiring, control, and lighting system.
• Proficient at inspecting electrical components such as transformers and circuit breakers.
• Capable of identifying electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
• Experienced in repairing and replacing wiring, equipment, or fixtures using various tools.
• Familiar with state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
• Demonstrated expertise in working from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Exceptionally talented in ensuring that supplies and equipment inventory is up to mark.
• Solid track record of planning layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Highly skilled in preparing sketches or following blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Competent at direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Adept at Maintaining a clean and safe surrounding.
• Effectively able to perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
• Skilled at maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.