Plumbers install, maintain and repair pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures. Tasks that plumbers are required to perform include diagnosing problems, cleaning pipes, making fixtures, performing repairs, and answering to customer inquiries.
Individuals working as a plumber should have an ability to work with building blueprints as this helps them to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems. Furthermore, plumbers should possess skills such as stamina, physical strength, the ability to work in unusual positions, customer service orientation, and problem solving abilities. Minimum education requirement for a plumber job is a high school diploma.
In order to understand more about plumber’s job, take a look at the following list of duties that they are required to perform:
Job Description for Plumber Resume
• Communicate with construction staff to determine what type of plumbing and drainage systems need to be designed
• Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
• Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
• Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
• Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
• Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
• Schedule manpower and supervise plumbing activities to ensure contractual, code, and safety
• Install plumbing and drainage systems to meet clients’ specifications
• Test plumbing system performance and makes changes as needed to achieve proper working order
• Install fittings and valves
• Perform maintenance on fixtures and pipes as needed
• Perform diagnostic tests and repair faulty systems
• Repair leaks and test pipe systems
• Prepare budgets covering supplies, equipment and tools
• Prepare reports, order supplies, materials, equipment costs and work completed.