A personal support worker (PAW) work in hospitals, shelter homes, care centers, or at people’s home where they are responsible for providing assistance to patients with special needs due to illness, disability, or elderly people.
The responsibilities of a personal support worker may vary depending on their employer’s needs. Generally, these professionals are responsible for providing assistance with personal care, transportation, administering medication, emotional support, and preparing healthy meals.
To work as a personal support worker, an individual should have empathetic nature coupled with patience, physical fitness, strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
A high school diploma along with CPR/First Aid certification is generally required for this job.
Personal Support Worker (PAW) Sample Resume
452 Sample Road
Atlanta, GA 12345
john @ email. com
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
A skilled, compassionate, and reliable individual with 4+ years of experience working as a personal support worker. Expert in providing personal support while adhering to prescribed care plans. Effectively able to administer medication and record patient’s vital signs. Capable of providing physical as well as emotional support to patients. Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills. Ability to stay calm and work well under stressful situations.
– Personal Grooming
– Companionship and emotional support
– Ambulation and positioning
– Meal Preparation
– Eating Assistance
– Behavior Monitoring
– Client Confidentiality
(Mention your accomplishments here)
PERSONAL SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
Personal Support Worker
ABC Facilities, Atlanta, GA
February 2019 – Present
• Follow the prescribed care plans, monitor its effectiveness, and suggest any alteration if needed
• Assist patients in moving, bathing, dressing, and grooming
• Perform light household tasks such as cleaning, laundry, and washing dishes
• Prepare nutritious meals for patients and assist them in eating
• Organize recreational activities and encourage patients to participate in them
• Administer medication and record patient’s vital signs periodically
• Monitor patients’ behavior and report any significant observations to the healthcare providers
Personal Support Worker
XYZ Facilities, Atlanta, GA
September 2017 – January 2019
• Encouraged patients to take part in various social and physical activities
• Assisted patients moving, bathing, toileting, dressing, and grooming
• Observed the patient’s physical and emotional condition
• Provided patients with companionship and emotional support and helped them with leisure activities
• Accompanied patients to appointments and recreational activities
• Maintained clean and safe environment for patients
Associate of Science in Nursing Assisting
Sample College, Atlanta, GA
First Aid and CPR Certified