A resume is a selling tool that provides you with a chance to sell your skills and candidacy to the prospective employer.
Before you start writing your resume for the position of park recreation director, it is very important to go through the job description issued by the prospective employer and then incorporate the relevant skills in your resume. Moreover, choose a format the best highlights your skills. Avoid adding long and irrelevant sentence in your resume and keep your information concise and to the point.
Below is a sample resume for the position of parks recreation director that will provide you with further assistance in this regard:
Parks Recreation Director Resume Example
3459 Case Street | Lansing, Michigan 73659 | (736) 345-2354 | email@example.com
PARKS RECREATION DIRECTOR
A passionate and experienced park recreation director well-versed in organizing and supervising various park recreational activities. Proficient in designing, budgeting and implementing recreational designs. Offering skills such as researching skills, ability to maintain positive business relationship with government and excellent communication and presentation skills.
Director Parks Recreation | ABC Resort, Lansing, Michigan | 2016 -present
• Developed and implemented meaningful recreational activities.
• Supervised and managed recreation team and volunteer team to assure delivery of quality services to customers
• Recruited, trained, and supervised part-time staff and volunteers.
• Monitored and prepared monthly and yearly budget of department and reported on variances; controlled costs and maintained financial stability for the company while
• Oriented new team members and provided regularly scheduled training and education to all team members including monthly and annual education and human resources updates
Asst. Recreation Director | ABC COMMUNITY, Lansing, Michigan | 2003 – 2016
• Oversaw recreational operations and staff.
• Create monthly calendars and newsletters
• Maintain daily records and progress reports.
• Prepared resident treatment and plan of care surrounding resident as well as input all data into computer database.
CITY UNIVERSITY, Lansing, Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Park Management