Paraeducators are school employees working under the supervision of a licensed educator. These professionals work in various educational settings including pre-schools, elementary schools and middle and secondary schools, in both public and private sector, where they assist the lead teacher in imparting lessons, managing class activities and monitoring student progress.
Paraeducators also prepare lesson plans, type and print exam papers and assist the students in understanding the class lessons properly. They also deal with behavioral issues and take necessary actions to ensure students well-being and safety.
These professional are also required to supervise students’ activities not only during class but also during recess and off time. Moreover, they are expected to assist students during lunch hours. Some paraeducators may have to work with students with special learning needs.
An ideal resume for a paraeducator position must demonstrate skills like
excellent communication and instruction skills, ability to supervise and discipline students along with team work and organization. Moreover, they should also have some knowledge regarding modern technology and children’s educational software.
Sample Job Description for Paraeducator Resume
• Provide lead teacher with assistance in preparing and organizing lesson plans that meet the students’ educational requirements.
• Support students and provide them individual lessons to make sure that they understand the related concepts properly.
• Manage classroom activities and assist in dealing with behavioral issues.
• Provide children with learning tools to build and advance their knowledge for success.
• Supervise students and look for signs of distress and communicate with parent about it and try to put the students at ease.
• heck homework, grade assignments and monitor attendance and grade report on regular basis.
• Assist special education students in daily school tasks, both academic and social.
• Ensure a positive, safe and enriching learning environment for students.
• Supervise students during lunch sessions, breaks, social and recreational outdoor public activities and field trips, as well as during transitions to and from the bus.
• Assist teachers with tasks such as test grading, preparing for future lessons, administering exams, and aiding students.
• Perform clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties
• Counsel parents with learning strategies to enhance the students’ learning needs
• Reinforce the individualized discipline plans developed by the teacher.