A resume is a written compilation of your education, work experience, credentials, and accomplishments. A resume is your first introduction with the potential employer, therefore, it is very important to spend enough time and efforts to compose an excellent resume.
Think of a resume as “self-advertisement” that sums up your experience on one page. Your resume is one of the most important pieces of your job application. It gives the hiring manager an overview of the qualifications you have for the job for which you’re applying.
The following resume sample for the position of medical typist will provide you with further assistance in this regard:
Medical Typist Resume Sample
576 Noon Avenue • Annapolis, Maryland 21403 • (462) 844-2045 • email@example.com
Highly skilled and passionate individual with an excellent track record of typing, documenting, record keeping and database management in medical field. Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with an ability to gather precise information in less time. Also possess substantial knowledge regarding various medical terminologies.
– Data Entry – Information Verification – Insurance Processing
– Database Management – Medical Coding – Dictaphone Typing
– Bill Generation – Case Filing – History Taking
– Record Keeping – Data Confidentiality – Audio Typing
• Performed transcription with little supervision. 48 hour turnaround with 100% accuracy.
• Worked independently from home with very little guidance while maintaining a QA score of 99% or higher.
XYZ HEALTHCARE CENTRE, Houston, TX
Medical Typist, September 2016 to Present
• Identified, interpreted, and evaluated discrepancies and inconsistencies in medical dictation
• Identified mistakes in reports and checked with doctors to obtain the correct information.
• Processed insurance company receipts and mailing statements sent to patients.
ABC MEDICAL FACILITY, Houston, TX
Jr. Medical Typist, January 2013 to August 2016
• Adhered to confidentiality and HIPPA regulations while respecting patient privacy
• Regularly checked office messages remotely
• Typed and maintained all practice medical forms including new patient packets, consent forms, medication instruction forms, fee sheets, and procedure forms.
Diploma: AAA University, Annapolis, Maryland, 2012
• Typing Speed: 50 words per minute
• Ability to multitask
• Fluent in English and Turkish