Medical Billers And Coders play an important role in health care facilities as they are responsible for coding insurance claims in order to help patients obtain reimbursement from insurance companies or the government.
The job of a medical biller and coder is a technical one. To work in this capacity, one should possess skills including knowledge of medical codes and relevant software, accuracy, attention to details, teamwork, and computer competencies.
A resume is the most important thing to secure the job of a medical biller and coder. To make an effective resume, start it with a powerful profile summary to grab the reader’s attention as soon as he/she starts reading your resume.
Here are some sample profile summaries to help you get a better understanding of what a Profile summary should be like:
Summary Examples for Medical Biller and Coder Resume
• Highly motivated medical biller and coder experienced in health operation management, billing and coding. Skilled in analyzing and validating patient information, diagnoses, and billing data. Demonstrated leadership skills that enable the processing of high volumes of patient information with efficiency.
• An energetic and goal-oriented medical coding and billing professional with 6+years’ working in the similar capacity. Skilled in generating accurate and properly coded medical bills. Capable of using coded data to submit insurance claims, handling unpaid account collections and handling client queries effectively.
• A dedicated and detail-oriented medical billing and coding specialist with 10+ years experience in this field. Possess exceptional knowledge of various coding and billing procedures. Expertise in ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Excellent data entry skills allows for accurate coding of medical information and provided care.
• A certified and hard-working medical billing and coding specialist . Trained in IDC-10 coding, data entry and management, and billing practices. Knowledge of computerized coding programs and electronic health records.
• Trained and dedicated medical biller and coder with 6 years’ hands-on experience in the field. Proficient at the analysis and implementation of medical documentation, coordinating with medical providers to ensure care, preparing and submitting claims to insurance companies. Expert in auditing medical accounts and verifying medical documents.
• A committed and hard-working professional with 6 years’ extensive experience working as a medical biller and coder. Having a full understanding of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding procedures. Adept at maintaining records of the medical services received by patients and generating coded bills and invoices based on the same.