Car wash managers work in gas stations and car wash facilities where they are responsible for carrying out day-to-day activities that ensure the effective operation of a car wash facility. Their duties include supervising employees, dealing with customers and resolving their complaints, collecting payments, and maintaining inventory.
To work as a car wash manager, an individual should have excellent car wash knowledge, communication skills, customer service orientation, organizational skills, and personnel management skills.
No formal education is required. A high school diploma or GED is sufficient to work as a Car wash manager.
Car Wash Manager Sample Skills
• Solid knowledge of car washing and service equipment, basic electronics, and plumbing
• Good equipment maintenance and inventory management skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Outstanding leadership and supervisory skills
• Good time management and organization skills
• Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Effectively able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Willing to work on flexible hours
• Ability to work standing over long periods of time
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects