Machine Operators work in manufacturing units where they are required to operate high-speed equipment for manufacturing various items.
Typical duties of these professionals include operating and maintaining machinery, attaining production goals, making repairs, and reporting to supervisors.
Skills required for this position include physical strength, dexterity, accuracy, attention to detail, and hand-eye coordination.
A high school diploma and complete on-the-job training are required for this position.
Machine Operator Sample Skills
• Skilled in operating milling, lathe, and drill machines.
• Ability to set up machines at the beginning of the shift.
• Capable of performing preventative maintenance tasks.
• Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting issues and performing repairs.
• Well-versed at cleaning machinery at the end of each shift.
• Proficient at reading and following instructions.
• Competent at maintaining daily activity logs.
• Knowledgeable about machine settings and tendering procedures.
• Detail-oriented individual with excellent hand-eye coordination and mechanical aptitude.
• Talented at operating cranes, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
• Excellent stamina, dexterity, and organization skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.