Machine Operators work in manufacturing units where they are required to operate high-speed equipment for manufacturing various items.
Typical duties of these professionals include operating and maintaining machinery, attaining production goals, making repairs, and reporting to supervisors.
Skills required for this position include physical strength, dexterity, accuracy, attention to detail, and hand-eye coordination.
A high school diploma and complete on-the-job training are required for this position.
Machine Operator Duties
• Operate milling machines, lathe machines, drills, forklifts, cranes etcetera.
• Perform routine maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Troubleshoot problems, perform repairs and run tests to ensure accuracy.
• Set up machinery for operations and make adjustments to improve performance.
• Read blueprint and follow instructions to perform assigned tasks.
• Prepare relevant documents and maintain activity logs.
• Clean the machine at the beginning and end of the shift.
• Maintain a neat and organized work area.
• Perform preventative machine Maintainance to ensure that all machines are in working order at all times.
• Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations.