Lobby attendants work in hotels, apartments and office building. They play a primarily customer service role, greeting patrons at theatres and other public venues, assisting them in finding their seats, taking tickets and providing help to patrons with disabilities.
The responsibilities of a lobby attendant also include cleaning and maintaining the work area, answering guest questions, monitoring their behaviour, and enforcing safety rules.
Working as a lobby attendant can be very hard because on has to stand on one’s feet all the time. Therefore, physical strength and stamina is required for this job. Furthermore, an individual working in this position should have skills like customer service, ability to handle patrons, problem solving, professional attitude, and ability to stay calm under pressure.
As far as educational requirement is concerned, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a lobby attendant. However, previous experience does count. If you have worked in a custodial position before, it will brighten your chances of getting selected for the job.
Given below are some sample skills for Lobby Attendant position:
Sample Skills for Lobby Attendant
• Demonstrated expertise in greeting guests and providing them with information in a polite and professional manner.
• Qualified to respond to customer requests and queries courteously.
• Effectively able to assist customers with luggage by holding the doors open for them.
• Deeply familiar with cleaning operations and operations of ground keeping equipment.
• Experience in maintaing and operating cleaning equipment safely as per standards procedures.
• Well-versed at cleaning and maintaining lobbies and public areas.
• Competent in keeping all public area neat, clean and well-maintained.
• Capable of sweeping and mopping floors specially the lobby entrance.
• Proficient at washing and vac cumming carpets, rugs and mats.
• Skilled at dusting, buffing and polishing furniture and fixtures.
• Competent in cleaning and sanitising public restrooms.
• Well-versed at washing and cleaning mirror and windows.
• Talented at washing and cleaning garbage cans and disposing off waste properly.
• Track record of maintaining inventory and restocking supplies including toilet paper, soaps and towels.
• Proficient at collecting dirty linen, sorting them, and transporting them to the linen area.
• Unmatched ability to communicate and develop an effective relationship with fellow workers and customers.
• Skilled in keeping the front as well as the back of the facility free from trash.
• Talented in moving, lifting , carrying and placing objects weighing almost 25 pounds without any helping hand.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise work properly considering the deadlines.