Importance of a good resume can never be underestimated. The first impression that a potential employer will have of you, is going to depend on how you present your resume. This is going to be your only chance to grab the prospective employer’s attention, or for your resume to be tossed into the file of those they don’t want to pursue.
Writing a resume for an entry level position is a difficult task. Having limited or no experience, it is difficult to find enough useful information to fill one page. Given below are some tips for writing an entry-level resume:
• Use a skill-based resume as it helps you cover your lack of experience by allowing you to highlight your job relevant skills in a compelling manner.
• As well as mentioning degrees, you can also break out relevant coursework and showcase any projects you did well in as a student.
• Swap your career objective for a professional summary as a summary section helps portray you as a professional, a specialist, and an expert.
Following is a resume sample for a library assistant especially designed for candidates having no experience. Take a look!
Entry Level Resume Sample for Library Assistant
378 Lake Avenue
Tallahassee, Florida 78273
(345) 111-9999, Ariana@email.com
A dynamic and results-oriented individual, looking for a Library Assistant position with City University. Bringing profound skills in organizing library materials, checking materials as well as exceptional clerical abilities to assist in running smooth library operations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of library management practices, procedures and protocols.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills along with Very strong computer skills.
• Proficient at maintaining shelves, placing returned items on shelves, handling correspondence, and cataloging new resources.
• Strong data management and record keeping abilities.
City University, Tallahassee, Florida, 2016
Associate of Science in Library Sciences
• Microsoft Excel, Word
• Library Software, Internet, Email
• Automated Library Systems, On-line circulation
• Conducted a mini cataloging project utilizing the Dewey Decimal System
• Implemented an automated library management software at the media library as part of coursework which was highly commended by professors and librarian.
• Capable of using of printers and photocopy machines.
• Fluent in English, Turkish and French.
• Proficient in social media.