Legal secretaries work in law offices and perform secretarial tasks that includes writing legal documents, conducting researches and reading legal articles and more. As the success of a law office depends very much on the support staff therefore the legal secretary must be dependable and proficient in carrying out legal tasks.
Sometimes, legal secretaries are also required to carry out standard secretarial duties that might include writing mails, maintain scheduled for lawyers, answering calls, faxing and maintaining the office.
An ideal resume for the position of legal secretary must demonstrate skills like communication abilities, computer literacy, telephone etiquette and research and organization skills.
Below are some sample skills the you can include in a resume for the position of legal secretary:
Skills List for a Legal Secretary Resume
• We-versed at scheduling attorneys’ calendar with respect to court dates, client appointments and depositions.
• Skilled in organizing, maintain and retrieving case files when necessary.
• Interpersonal Skills: Presentable appearance and professional attitude along with an ability to deal with people in an efficient manner.
• Proficient at preparing and filing court filings through the E-filing system for various Court of Common Pleas and Court Districts.
• Organizational Skills: Assist in scheduling meetings and keeping the working day in order.
• Good listening and communication skills along with ability to follow instructions.
• Capable of drafting, reading and understanding legal documents.
• Able to understand legal terminologies and nuances of legal procedures.
• Ability to produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
• Capable of maintaining office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.