Legal assistants are generally employed by law firms, legal service providers, or the government. These professionals are responsible for providing support to lawyers in various tasks such as carrying out research, drafting documents, preparing for hearings, and maintaining files. Legal assistants boost the efficiency of a law firm by ensuring the smooth running of office operations and effective case management.
To work as a legal assistant, an individual should be knowledgeable about the law, legal procedures, and the court system. Moreover, he/she should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy, strong clerical skills, attention-to-detail, and multitasking skills.
An Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in law or paralegal certification is required to work as a legal assistant.
Legal Assistant Sample Objectives
• Willing to work as a Legal Assistant at ABC Company utilizing skills in drafting pleadings, preparing documents, organizing evidence, and scheduling witnessed.
• Looking for a position of Legal Assistant at XYZ Organisation. Bringing expertise in conducting research, preparing legal documents, handling document transactions, and maintaining confidentiality.
• To acquire a position of Legal Assistant ABC Law Firm where my experience of working in fast-paced legal environments can be fully utilized.
• A seasoned Legal Assistant eager to work in a similar capacity at ABC Attorneys to utilize my knowledge of legal procedures, terminologies, and the court system
• A highly skilled Legal Assistant with 6 years of relevant experience and expertise in case research, discovery preparation, correspondence handling, etc. looking for a similar position at XYZ Firm.