A Lead Teller is in-charge of overseeing all of the different tellers in a financial institution to make sure that withdrawals, deposits and check-cashing are performed successfully. His obligations and responsibilities can also rely upon the scale of the facility and styles of services supplied to customers.
Generally these specialists are chargeable for supervising more than one tellers, making sure corrected balancing and performance, coping with coins drawer, communicating with and solving customers problems, refilling the ATM machines, and checking and verifying every day banking transactions.
Skills required for this position include supervisory skill and the ability to manage others fairly, ability to motivate other tellers, ability to remain professional at all times, ability to operate and handle ATM machines, and excellent communication skills.
An ideal candidate need to possess a high school diploma at a minimum, along with the capacity to perform fundamental arithmetic functions.
Following is a sample resume for the position of a lead teller:
Lead Teller Resume Sample
505 Atlanta, Georgia 12345
Highly skilled and knowledgeable professional with 6+ years’ experience working as a lead teller. Offering excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong ability at drawer reconciliations and a thorough understanding of double-counting procedures. Skilled in scheduling and training tellers to provide excellent services, and analyzing and examining the banking systems to ensure compliance.
|Deposits/Withdrawals||Bonds Issuance||Accounts Balancing|
|Advances Handling||Direct Deposits||Loan Payments|
|Check Processing||Cross-selling||Staffing and scheduling|
• Developed several short training classes for new tellers to improve customer service.
• Reduced teller turnover by almost 20 percent in just a year.
• Secured confidential information and records using the highest of standards
• Maintained positive professional relationships with customers and coworkers.
• Attained numerous prestigious customer service awards for consistently increasing customers’ positive feedback.
Sample Bank, Atlanta, Georgia | July 2017-Present
• Perform end-of-shift double drawer counts and reconciliations.
• Supervise other bank tellers and their cash drawers.
• Record all transactions electronically throughout the shift.
• Investigate teller losses and institute corrective measures.
• Assist with staffing and scheduling of the Tellers.
• Ensure that tellers use excellent customer service skills at all times.
• Ensure that the staff is trained and cross-trained in all phases of their particular job.
ABC Bank, Atlanta, Georgia | January 2013-June 2017
• Assisted customers with processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments.
• Provided information regarding banking procedures, transaction time and financial services
• Answered customer’s questions and resolved complaints.
• Maintained and balanced cash drawers and reconciled discrepancies.
• Kept a clean, organized work area and a professional appearance.
• Followed all bank financial and security regulations and procedures.
B.S., Financial Management
AAA Technical College, Atlanta, Georgia | 2009
English and French