A kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant. Kitchen managers hire staff, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. They are further responsible for supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time.
An ideal resume for a kitchen manager should showcase exceptional food management expertise, organization and planning, attention to details, excellent supervisory skills, and ability to work under pressure. Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is required for this position.
Given below are some sample skills that you can incorporate in your resume for the kitchen manager position:
Kitchen Manager Skills for Resume
• In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
• Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
• Experienced with planning menus and ordering ingredients.
• Knowledge of a wide range of recipes.
• Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment.
• Expert at handling food and beverages.
• Capable of hiring and training new kitchen staff members.
• Team-oriented and a successful staff supervisor.
• Proficient at handling cash counter.
• Skilled at managing inventory and ordering supplies.
• Ability to supervise staff and schedule shifts.
• Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends.
• Able to use and maintain kitchen equipment properly.
• Well-versed at training kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators).
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills..
• An expert at preparing made-from-scratch foods.
• Analyzing and solving problems.
• Able to stand and walk for periods of eight to ten hours at a time.