A resume is a document that provides prospective boss with a detailed statement of a candidate’s skills, previous work experience, education and accomplishments. Writing a resume for an IT analyst position is not a difficult task but to make it extraordinary requires some extra effort.
An important thing to make your resume attractive is to make it employer-centered and targeted. In order to do this, you need to do some research to find out what the hiring firm is looking for. Then include some job relevant skills and competencies in your resume in a convincing manner. Also, it is very important to start your resume with an excellent opening statement as it is the first thing that the employer come across when reading your resume.
Below is an excellent resume sample for the position of IT Analyst that will assist you in writing your own.
Sample Resume for IT Analyst
83 Private Drive • Atlanta, Georgia 37164 • (425) 357-634 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly skilled and committed IT Analyst with strong background in programming, project development and database management. Passionate and result-driven professional with an outgoing personality and expertise in creating, updating, maintaining and reviewing documentation for accuracy. Well-versed in data modeling, archival backup and virtualization technology.
Core Professional Competencies
|– Lifecycle Development||– System Debugging||– Feasibility Analysis|
|– Database Management||– Systems Audit||– Disaster Recovery|
|– Client Server Applications||– Program Coding||– System Configuration|
|– Infrastructure Design||– Data Modeling||– Networking|
• Languages: JAVA script, Html, SQL, C++
• Software: SAS, Quick Job, D2D, IMS
• Fixed critical bugs in the system that reduced remedy tickets by 20%
• Performed ETL process on data, created SSIS package & executed it in SQL Server BIDS with 95% data accuracy & consistency
• Created SQL queries, executed stored procedures, developed & tested database to recover profits by at least 30%
• Administered Jira for more than 100 users, which included workflow design and implementation.
IT Analyst| ABC COMPANY | Atlanta, Georgia | September 2015-Presents
• Design and develop features in applications using TCL/TK, JAVA and MQL.
• Perform maintenance and implement enhancements for inventory system using COBOl for z/OS.
• Assist new employees and trainees in learning of agile and Groovy/Grails.
• Gather feedback from end users about system performance.
IT Assistant | AAA ORGANIZATION | Atlanta, Georgia | February 2012-August 2015
• Assisted in creating several technical analysis procedures that wound up saving the company considerable amounts of money.
• Developed several of the computer-based office process training manuals.
• Assisted in monitoring all office systems and submitting a weekly error report.
ABC INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Atlanta, Georgia 2011
BS in Information Technology