Insurance Sales Agents act as intermediaries between customers and insurance companies. They are responsible for selling insurance policies and and other types of financial services to customers.
The Insurance Sales Agents get information about clients’ needs and advise them on the insurance policies that best suit their needs. They calls and meets with clients and potential clients to grow their customer base.
Skilled required for this job include knowledge of insurance policies, the ability to sell, people skills, computer operation, and risk management expertise.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or a GED and state license. Some relevant experience is often required by employers.
Here is a sample resume for an insurance sales agent position for your guidance:
Resume Sample for Insurance Sales Agent
342 Main Blvd
Atlanta, Georgia 12345
INSURANCE SALES AGENT
Efficient and service-oriented individual with 5+ years of experience as an insurance sales agent. Comprehensive knowledge of financial and insurance products, services and best practices. Skilled in up-selling and qualifying leads. Ability to understand clients’ needs and advise them on the insurance policies that best suit their needs. Capable of customizing insurance programs to suit individual clients.
|• Policy Creation||• Riders Implementation||• Program Analysis|
|• Program Customization||• Client Development||• Lead Generation|
|• Insurance Plans Sales||• Underwriting||• Intake Assistance|
|• Payment Establishment||• Cross-Selling||• Client Retention|
• Implemented core sales efforts in order to increased client base significantly.
• Increased client interest in new products by introducing the concept of customization.
• Grew business and improved profitability by indentifying new target markets, establishing and nurturing customer relations, and creating innovative strategies.
• Improved the agency’s overall sales production more than 20% by training agents and providing incentive programs.
Insurance Sales Agent
ABC Insurance, Atlanta, Georgia 2015-present
• Interview prospective clients to get information about their needs and insurance coverage requirements.
• Explain the features of various policies and explain types of coverage they may find helpful.
• Match insurance policies for clients that offer the best rates and coverage.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients.
• Analyze clients’ current insurance policies and suggest additions or changes.
• Follow up with clients after initial meetings or conversations.
• Assist with obtaining underwriting approval.
• Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
ABC Company, Atlanta, Georgia 2009-2015
• Explained features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies.
• Calculated premiums and established payment method.
• Presented insurance quotes to all potential clients.
• Ensured that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
• Performed administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Responded to clients’ questions and complaints.
High School Diploma
ABC High School, Atlanta, Georgia – 2005