Insurance Sales Agents act as intermediaries between customers and insurance companies. They are responsible for selling insurance policies and and other types of financial services to customers.
The Insurance Sales Agents get information about clients’ needs and advise them on the insurance policies that best suit their needs. They calls and meets with clients and potential clients to grow their customer base.
Skilled required for this job include knowledge of insurance policies, the ability to sell, people skills, computer operation, and risk management expertise.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or a GED and state license. Some relevant experience is often required by employers.
Here are some sample skills for an insurance sales agent position:
Insurance Sales Agent Sample Skills
• Skilled in communicating with the client to get data about their financial resources and discuss existing coverage.
• Capable of analyzing clients’ current insurance policies and suggesting additions or changes.
• Track record of customizing insurance policies to suit individual clients’ needs.
• Qualified to help policyholders settle claims and organize events to sell insurance.
• Well-versed at evaluating a customer’s claim or calculating the cost for an insurance policy.
• Effectively able to use telemarketing to identify potential customers and make sales.
• Special talent in seeking out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• First-hand experience in reviewing financial data to determine the best insurance policies and plans for their clients.
• Excellent ability to analyze insurance applications to determine whether to extend coverage to a client.
• Proficient in reviewing an individual’s credit score and medical documents to determine the risk of insuring a client.
• Ability to cultivate a customer base in business-to-consumer or business-to-business sales.
• Demonstrated expertise in meeting and exceeding company’s sales goals.
• Proficient at handling policy renewals and organizing files on potential customers.
• Adept at maintaining electronic and paper records.
• Solid track record of obtaining price quotes and processing applications.
• Expert in answering clients’ insurance relates queries.