Human Resource Clerks are responsible for providing clerical and administrative assistance to the hiring managers. They perform various tasks to support the hiring process and other human resource operations. Their responsibilities include maintaining records, preparing documents, sourcing prospective candidates, and setting up interviews. The duties of a Human Resource Clerk can differ depending on the size of the organization he/she works for.
To become a Human Resource Clerk, an individual should have strong have substantial knowledge of HR procedures and policies. Furthermore, he/she should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, computer literacy,problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills.
The Human Resource Clerk job requires no formal education but candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in human resources are preferred by most employers.
Human Resources Clerk Resume Sample
562 Sixth Street
Salt Lake City, UT 12345
Human Resources Clerk
Service-oriented and committed professional with extensive experience in human resources. Highly skilled in handling large amounts of data and maintaining records. Sound knowledge of HR operations including recruiting, onboarding, training, and compensation. Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Strong ability to understand instructions and policy manuals
• Excellent ability to process personnel benefit records, application forms, and files
• Proficient in data entry, word processing, sorting, filing, and drafting official correspondence
• Adept at using office equipment including computer systems, printers, and scanners
• Well versed in maintaining data integrity and confidentiality
(Write your accomplishments here)
ABC Company – Salt Lake City, UT | 2/2017 – Present
• Source candidates, send emails to prospective candidates and set up interviews
• Collect and verify background information of shortlisted candidates
• Enter candidates’ data into the HR database
• Carry out onboarding process and employee orientations
• Explain company policies to the new employees.
• Perform administrative duties as required
XYZ Company – Salt Lake City, UT | 1/2013 – 2/2017
Human Resources Clerk
• Write job descriptions, and create and update job postings
• Source candidates and set up online and offline interviews for prospective candidates
• Interview candidates and cross-check resumes and certificates
• Process new hire applications and perform recruiting, onboarding, and training work
• Respond to all employee-related queries and assist in resolving employee issues
• Compile various personnel reports such as productivity reports, employee reviews, monthly evaluations, etc
ABC Technical University –Human Resources Clerk | 2006
Bachelor of Business Administration