An HSE supervisor inspects workplaces and directs employees to ensure that people and property are kept safe at all times. These professionals are responsible for detecting dangerous conditions, reviewing safety procedures, disseminating safety information to various departments, training staff on safety topics, and running emergency exercises.
To work in the capacity of an HSE supervisor, one must possess an exceptional resume that convinces the employer that you are the perfect choice for the job. In order to do that, read the issued job description carefully to determine the exact skills your prospective employer is seeking and then highlight those skills in your resume. Also, mention your achievements as the employers are not just interested in knowing what skills you possess rather they would like to know what you have been able to achieve by utilizing your skills. Skills that you can mention in your resume for an HSE supervisor position include the candidate’s knowledge of HSE procedures along with excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking ability, strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to details, and proactivity.
Given below is sample resume for the position of an HSE Supervisor for your guidance:
Resume Sample for HSE Supervisor
564 Noon Avenue • Austin, Texas 87923• (111) 222-3333 • firstname.lastname@example.org
A dependable, hardworking and dedicated individual with 5+ years’ experience working as a Health and Safety professional. Capable of developing, coordinating and communicating effective HSE strategies. Possess excellent incident investigation skills and analytical skills. A team player with excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills. Ability to perform under stressful conditions. Substantial knowledge of OSHA standards regarding HSE protocols.
● Fire Safety Compliance ● Safety Audit ● Premises Inspection
● Risk Evaluation ● Accident Investigation ● Status Reporting
● Policy Development ● Management Support ● Emergency Response
● Statistical reporting ● Bid Submission ● Performance Tracking
• Ensured 100% adherence to all OSHA defined safe workplace practices and guidelines
• Reduced accident rate by 60% at the plant by leveraging safe and healthy workplace operation protocols and educating all employees regarding same
ABC Organization, Austin, Texas
HSE Supervisor, April 2015 to Present
• Support the HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are
• Ensure all work sites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
• Support offshore HSE personnel in the development of worksite HSE campaigns and good
XYZ Corporation, Austin, Texas
Safety Officer, July 2012 to March 2015
• Reviewed accident reports and gathered information to further worker safety initiatives.
• Conducted safety audits and inspected facilities to ensure a safe working environment.
• Enforced safety regulations at all levels of the organization.
The ABC Institute, Austin, Texas, 2012
Certificate of specialization in HSE
College of Engineering, Austin, Texas, 2011
Diploma in Engineering
• Substantial knowledge regarding ISO 9001 and OSHA 18001, ISM and ISPS standards
• Full command on HSE requirements pertaining to oil and gas sites, construction sites and marine sites