Housekeeper are basically hired to provide domestic services such as cleaning, cooking and maintaining a sanitary and comfortable environment for the client or an organisation. Senior living housekeepers are required to provide these services to in a senior living facility.
General duties of senior living housekeeper position include dusting, cleaning, mopping floor sand furniture, washing and cleaning trash cans, keeping inventory of cleaning supplies and doing laundry.
An ideal candidate for senior living housekeeper position should be polite, compassionate along with a professional attitude and neat appearance. Exceptional time management skills, decision making ability, dexterity and cleaning ability are also very important for this position.
Given below are some sample duties that a senior living housekeeper is required to carry out:
Senior Living Housekeeper Job Description Sample
• Perform residential housekeeping tasks.
• Clean residents’ rooms properly.
• Mop tiles, vacuum carpets and clean wooden floors.
• Wax and polish furniture, fittings and fixtures.
• Mix cleaning agents with water, and use mixtures on floors and other surfaces to remove stains and smudges.
• Clean and sanitise wash rooms and empty trash bins and dispose off waste properly.
• Restock toilet paper, paper towels, soaps and other products.
• Clean sinks, tubs and showers according to the sanitary standards.
• Collect dirty laundry and linen from bed rooms and transport them to the laundry area.
• Sort and wash clothes and linen by using machine and detergents.
• Dry, iron and distribute clean and washed laundry.
• Carry out maintenance and minor repair tasks.
• Clean kitchen and dining area.
• Treat residents with respect and provide them good company.
• Document that all rooms are completed at the end of the shift.