The term “housekeeper” refers to a person who handles the cleaning and also maintenance needs of an establishment – a residence or a commercial project. Housekeepers are hired with a personal level and also in commercial settings like hospitals, hotels and also office buildings. While their simple work is taking care of the cleanliness and also maintenance needs of your building, they end up doing a lot more than merely cleaning materials.
In order to work as a housekeeper, a job seeker need to possess a high school diploma or even a GED. Active listening and also reading skills are necessary at this position united has to acquire and follow recommendations properly and possess the opportunity to read labels about cleaning materials. It is also important for housekeepers to be physically agile when they spend a huge a part of their day on their feet.
Housekeeper Duties and Responsibilities
• Sweep, scrub and mop floors in rooms, lobbies and hallways
• Vacuum carpets each and every day and occasionally wash them using a blend of detergent and water
• Dust and also polish furniture and also fittings and record any damages found throughout the procedure
• Wash visitor rooms using cleansing supplies and materials and be sure that bathroom supplies like soap and shampoo or conditioner are replenished
• Change bed linen and ensure which soiled or unclean linen is delivered to the laundry area
• Assist within washing or dry out cleaning linen or clothes submitted by guests, taking special cherish the instructions supplied on labels
• Empty ashtrays and also waste paper baskets and be sure that proper trash disposal measures are used
• Wipe down glass surfaces like windows, doors and counters and be sure that they are remaining spot free
• Flat iron and press clothing and linen and also carefully pack them or store them for use
• Keep an eye on inventory of products and equipment like detergents and mechanical cleaning equipment
• Be aware of repairs needed across the premises and provide feedback towards maintenance team to seem into it
• Perform trivial maintenance work like changing bulbs or even fixing light fixtures.