Hotel Maintenance Workers are responsible for the upkeep of the hotel and for ensuring that the the hotel interior and exterior is properly maintained and repaired. They inspect the hotel to make sure that it is in good running order.
They perform preventive and corrective maintenance, and repairs to all areas of the hotel, including its exterior, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical systems, floors, walls and furniture.
Job of a hotel maintenance worker is physically demanding. Therefore, individuals working in this capacity should be physically dexterous. They should have the knowledge of using a variety of equipment as well as sound understanding of troubleshooting maintenance equipment.
Hotel Maintenance Worker should also have knowledge of health and safety regulations and the ability to spot safety risk. Skills required for the job further include mechanical aptitude, organisation, and attention to detail.
To work as a hotel maintenance worker, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient. However, having some prior experience will brighten your chances of getting selected.
Hotel Maintenance Worker Job Description
• Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on premises.
• Inspect and repair various energy systems, such as the heating and cooling systems, plumbing, lighting, and kitchen equipment.
• Assist with repairing floors, doors, and roofs.
• Help in installing new products, such as windows, carpets, and light fixtures.
• Repaint walls, fix broken furniture, and handle leaks in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Repair electrical and mechanical equipment such as fans and air conditioners.
• Conduct maintenance and repairing tasks such as replacing ceiling tiles, changing light bulbs and fixing faucets.
• Check functionality of safety systems such as fire alarms and CCTV cameras.
• Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
• Lubricate, clean and inspect equipment, machine or tools.
• Perform garden upkeep activities such as mowing lawn, removing snow, collecting trash etc.
• Perform cleaning activities such as dusting and mopping.
• Perform general cleaning tasks inside and outside the hotel’s building.
• Collaborate with other professionals during renovations.
• Take care of plumbing, electrical or structural problems.
• Inspect public areas on a daily basis in case of problems arising unexpectedly.
• Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues.