A resume is a formal document that summarises your work experience, education, skills and achievements for a prospective employer. Resume can be used for a variety of reasons, but most often they are used to secure new employment.
The skill section of the resume is of great importance as it lets the employer know about the offered skills and how the candidate intends to utilize these skills for the betterment of the hiring firm.
If you are applying for a position that involves a lot of customer interaction, such as gas station attendant, you need to compose a very attractive resume with a strong skill-section. An ideal resume for such a position should demonstrate skills like strong communication and engaging skills, customer service skills, sales orientation, car fuels familiarity, and good numeracy skills.
Some of the skills that you should possess as a gas station attendant are listed below:
Sample Skills for Gas Station Resume
• Skilled at operating fueling station for heavy equipment and haul trucks above 220 tons
• Capable of greasing and maintaining fluid level of mine equipment
• Following all State and local regulations and laws regarding sale, distribution, consumption and theft
• Knowledgeable of computer operated system to manage gas sales
• Skilled at maintaining gas station areas clean and sanitized
• Expert at oiling automobile parts properly
Capable of operating fuel pumps in an efficient manner
• Skilled at performing maintenance tasks and able to perform minor repair work if required
• Skilled in receiving cash and returning correct change and processing credit card sales correctly through the terminal
• Good numeracy skills and computer literacy
• Known for providing extensive customer service, ensuring positive customer interactions
• Proficient at ensuring that customers are able to refuel their vehicles and assist them if necessary
• Able to document retail sales, including sales of cigarettes and lottery tickets
• Functional knowledge of ensuring a safe and secure gas station environment by following safety protocols and best practices
• Profound ability to perform routine services such as checking all fluids under the hood
• Demonstrated ability to document fuel drops in fuel tank books, itemizing number of gallons and verifying
• Proficient in operating several equipments and instruments at the gas station
• Capable of working as part of a team and interacting with diverse customers and staff members