Gas Station Attendants work at gas stations where they are responsible for selling fuel and automotive products and providing service and assistance to the customers. Their duties include operating fuel pumps, doing small repairs to vehicles, cleaning windshields, replacing tires, checking fluid levels, greasing automobile parts, and collecting payments.
To work as a Gas Station Attendant, one should have strong communication and customer service skills along with strong attention to detail, stamina, and the ability to work independently. Moreover, one should possess basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics as well as knowledge of safety protocols.
Generally, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is required to work as a gas station attendant.
Gas Station Attendant Cover Letter Sample
523 Seventh Street
Atlanta, GA 12345
September 9, 2020
Ms. Anna Richard
ABC Gas Station
551 Case Road
Atlanta, GA 12345
Dear Ms. Richard:
I am writing this letter to showcase my interest in the position of a Gas Station Attendant at ABC Gas Station. With extensive experience in handling gas station operations coupled with exceptional customer service skills, I believe that I am an excellent candidate for the job.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I possess the skills and capabilities you expect from someone in this role. The following attributes are the reason to take a closer look at my credentials:
• Skilled in operating fuel pumps and assisting customers in pumping gas
• Expert in performing minor repairs such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, and changing engine oil and filters
• Proficient in collecting cash for gas, oil, and other items purchased by customers
• Capable of maintaining the sanitation of kiosks, dispensers, and other station equipment
• Profound ability to comprehend and carry out advanced safety procedures
• Strong ability to work independently
I would like an opportunity to meet with you in order to ascertain your expectations and establish the relevance among your needs and my abilities. I plan to call your office after 6 days for a follow-up. If you need to reach me in the interim for any further information, please contact me at (012) 345-6789.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.